27 septembre au 9 Octobre 2009, Les Houches
The lectures will be given (in English) by :
- Michèle Leduc (1 lecture) Kick-off talk : Overview of Laser Cooling and BEC
- Jook Walraven (5 lectures) : Thermodynamic and collisional properties of quantum gases
- Mikhail Baranov (5 lectures) : Superfluidity in Fermi systems
- Georgy Shlyapnikov (4 lectures) : Superfluidity in Bose gases
- Giovanni Modugno (5 lectures) : Atoms in Optical Lattices
- Olivier Dulieu (4 lectures) : Cold Molecules - Theory
- Roland Wester (3 lectures) : Cold Molecules - Experiments
- Franscesca Ferlaino (3 lectures) : Feshbach spectroscopy and BEC-BCS crossover physics
- Tilman Pfau (2 lectures) : Dipolar atomic quantum gases
- Matthias Weidemüller (2 lectures) : Dipolar molecular quantum gases
- Michel Brune (4 lectures) : Quantum Information
The course has been initiated several years ago by the International Cold Atom Network, InterCAN, which is promoting European collaboration of research and education in the field of dilute atomic and molecular quantum systems. INTERCAN is supported by the European funding agencies CORDIS (Community Research & Development Information Service), and ESF (European Science Foundation).
This year, the school is co-organized by EUROQUAM, a research programme devoted to Cold Quantum Matter, within the framework of the EUROCORES scheme of the ESF. The EuroQUAM programme provides opportunities for scientists from different disciplines and countries to collaborate in this field, and stimulate collaborations between experiment and theory.
As for the previous edition, the school is also supported by the Institut Francilien de Recherches sur les atomes froids (IFRAF). An important objective of IFRAF is to reinforce French teams involved in cutting edge researches in a highly competitive field, and to allow the French researchers to create cooperative links with similar centres of excellence now developing abroad.
The organizers are :
- Olivier Dulieu (Orsay, F)
- Philippe Verkerk (Lille, F)
- Jook Walraven (Amsterdam, NL)
- Matthias Weidemüller (Heidelberg, D)
Please visit our web site : http://www.phlam.univ-lille1.fr/les....
InterCAN : http://www.intercan.org
EuroQUAM : (http://www.esf.org/activities/euroc...)