The course is targeted at the advanced undergraduate level and emphasizes formal lectures building on textbook knowledge. This goal meets the requirements of the Les Houches pre-doctoral school program. The course is intended for PhD students in their first or second year. Undergraduates at the European Masters level who are planning a PhD study are also invited to apply. Young post-docs entering the field can also apply.
The lectures will be given (in English).
- Hélène Perrin (5 lectures) Laser Cooling
- Jook Walraven (5 lectures) Thermodynamics and collisions
- Misha Baranov (5 lectures) Degenerate gases
- Hans Peter Büchler (3 lectures) Strongly correlated degenerate gases
- Tilman Pfau (4 lectures) Dipolar magnetic gases
- Silke Ospelkaus (4 lectures) Dipolar molecules
- Charles Adams (5 lectures) Non-linear Optics with Rydberg atoms
- Michel Brune (4 lectures) Quantum Information
The school is also open to young Post-Docs who are entering the field (to maintain a coherent educational level of the participants, applications from experienced post-docs will be considered at the end of the selection process).
The application is done on-line, and the student will have to up-load a file with his/her curriculum vitae.
The deadline for applications is June 19th.
The selection of the appliants will be done during the first week of July.
We have a few grants to pay the board and lodging (not for travel expenses). Applications arriving after June 20th can be considered, if the number of participants remains reasonable. But no grant can be attributed to those arriving late.